- Flyers-Rangers Game 1: Flyers Drop First Meeting, Lose 4-1Posted 9 hours ago
- Mason Out for Game 1Posted 2 days ago
- Flyers Sign Frozen Four MVP GostisbeherePosted 3 days ago
- Report: Flyers Resign MacDonaldPosted 3 days ago
- No Need For Culture Change, Holmgren Is Man For JobPosted 3 days ago
- Steve Mason has a ConcussionPosted 4 days ago
- #LetsFly: Round 1 Schedule vs. NYR ReleasedPosted 4 days ago
- Flyers End Regular Season With A Shootout Loss, 6-5Posted 5 days ago
- Final Regular Season (4/13) game against the HurricanesPosted 5 days ago
- GAMEDAY 4/12: Flyers vs. Penguins, 3pmPosted 6 days ago
- Updated: January 13, 2013
The moment we have all been waiting for is here! The 2012-2013 Philadelphia Flyers schedule has been released, with the Orange and Black opening their season against fierce rival the Pittsburgh Penguins at home at the Wells Fargo Center on Saturday, January 19th (3pm on NBC). The following day, the Flyers will be in Buffalo for a battle against Leino and his buddies, also on NBC.
This all comes, of course, after the NHLPA officially ratified the CBA agreement with an 89% voter turnout (only 12 individuals voted against). Following this morning’s ratification, lawyers began drafting the all-important Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that will serve as the official agreement between the NHL and the NHLPA for at least the next eight years (the early exit on a ten year agreement).
With the new schedule, the Flyers will face only Eastern Conference teams, with the Rangers and the Devils each meeting the Orange and Black five times. The Flyers will face arch-rivals the Pittsburgh Penguins four times during this shortened season.
While not confirmed, the Flyers are expected to sign unrestricted free agent defenseman Kurtis Foster on Sunday to a contract that will deepen the defense with a right-handed shot and positive force on the power play.
While the next few days may prove to be fruitful within the league, keep an eye on The Orange Update for the latest regarding your boys in the orange and black.
And hey… Welcome Back, NHL!