- Seguin’s Hat Trick Shoots Stars Past Flyers, 5-1Posted 17 hours ago
- GAMEDAY: Flyers – Stars, 2:00pmPosted 22 hours ago
- Flyers Ride Powerplay to 6-3 Win in DetroitPosted 3 days ago
- GAMEDAY: Flyers Look to Rebound Against Red Wings at The JoePosted 4 days ago
- Wild shut out Flyers in low-shot affairPosted 5 days ago
- Vinny’s Shootout Goal Nets WinPosted 7 days ago
- GAMEDAY: Flyers – Predators, 8:00pmPosted 8 days ago
- Couturier’s Shorty Lifts FlyersPosted 9 days ago
- Streak Snapped, Panthers Top FlyersPosted 12 days ago
- Phantoms new uniformsPosted 13 days ago
- Updated: August 15, 2012
This just in, the Wayne Train will be running through Philadelphia for the next 6 years. Paul Holmgren strikes again in the late hours of the night by signing Wayne Simmonds to a 6 year contract extension. The deal is reportedly around the $4 million range, but no official contract numbers have been released yet.
Acquired last year in a deal that sent former Flyers captain Mike Richards to L.A, Simmonds made an immediate impact on the Flyers organization. In his first year as a Flyer he set career highs in goals (28) and points (49). Aside from his point production, he won over the Philly Phaithful with his hard work and grit on the ice; along with his upstanding citizenship in the Philadelphia area. Simmonds will turn 24 years of age later this month, and the Philadelphia Flyers are expecting him to be a big piece of the puzzle moving forward.
Simmonds has 1 year left on his current 2 year $3.5 million ( $1.75 AVV) deal he signed last off-season with the Flyers. His new contract does not kick in until the 2013-2014 season.
Stay current with Flyers news/talk by following @theorangeupdate on twitter as well as the contributors @215cash @feelgoodfrank & @EbbonDerr