- 2013 in Review: feelgood Five #3Posted 4 days ago
- 2013 In Review: feelgood Five (#4)Posted 11 days ago
- 2013 In Review: feelgood FivePosted 19 days ago
- Colorado Wins the Draft LotteryPosted 25 days ago
- Flyers Win Season FinalePosted 26 days ago
- Flyers’ Season Ends in Ottawa TonightPosted 27 days ago
- Dane Plays ‘Great’, Flyers Win Home FinalePosted 29 days ago
- The Lottery: ExplainedPosted 30 days ago
- Flyers Take Down Bruins 5-2Posted 31 days ago
- Game-Day: Flyers vs. Bruins 4/23/13Posted 31 days ago
- Updated: August 15, 2012
This just in, the Wayne Train will be running through Philadelphia for the next 6 years. Paul Holmgren strikes again in the late hours of the night by signing Wayne Simmonds to a 6 year contract extension. The deal is reportedly around the $4 million range, but no official contract numbers have been released yet.
Acquired last year in a deal that sent former Flyers captain Mike Richards to L.A, Simmonds made an immediate impact on the Flyers organization. In his first year as a Flyer he set career highs in goals (28) and points (49). Aside from his point production, he won over the Philly Phaithful with his hard work and grit on the ice; along with his upstanding citizenship in the Philadelphia area. Simmonds will turn 24 years of age later this month, and the Philadelphia Flyers are expecting him to be a big piece of the puzzle moving forward.
Simmonds has 1 year left on his current 2 year $3.5 million ( $1.75 AVV) deal he signed last off-season with the Flyers. His new contract does not kick in until the 2013-2014 season.
Stay current with Flyers news/talk by following @theorangeupdate on twitter as well as the contributors @215cash @feelgoodfrank & @EbbonDerr