- Throwback Thursday: (2010) Giroux plays keep away with BruinsPosted 2 days ago
- Giroux Leads Flyers Over Capitals, 6-4Posted 3 days ago
- Flyers Deadline Day: Reaction, Analysis, Assumptions and ConjecturePosted 3 days ago
- Flyers expand its defense before trade deadlinePosted 4 days ago
- Report: Flyers “Top Challenger” for KeslerPosted 5 days ago
- Flyers clobbered in return, lose 7-3Posted 1 week ago
- GAMEDAY 2/27: Flyers vs. Sharks, 7pmPosted 1 week ago
- Throwback Thursday: Flyers win big in return from Olympics (2010)Posted 1 week ago
- Throwback Thursday: Michal Handzus Overtime Penalty Shot GoalPosted 3 weeks ago
- Who Is Wayne Simmonds?Posted 4 weeks ago
Bettman Proposes 50/50 Deal
- Updated: October 16, 2012
On Tuesday afternoon, the National hockey league met with the players association. Gary Bettman and the NHL proposed an offer to the NHLPA, which is considered the best offer so far. The NHL offered a 50/50 proposal on hockey related revenue.
The offer is a six year offer, and if accepted, the season would start November 2nd. One game will be added to the schedule every five week in order to keep the 82 game season. Today’s proposal offers no rollback on the players contract, which was a huge bargaining chip.
The puck is in the players corner now. The NHLPA will hold a conference call to discuss the offer. Donald Fehr said the offer is a big, detailed proposal, and we can expect a decision today or tomorrow.