- GAMEDAY: Flyers – Senators, 7:30pmPosted 9 hours ago
- Seguin’s Hat Trick Shoots Stars Past Flyers, 5-1Posted 2 days ago
- GAMEDAY: Flyers – Stars, 2:00pmPosted 2 days ago
- Flyers Ride Powerplay to 6-3 Win in DetroitPosted 5 days ago
- GAMEDAY: Flyers Look to Rebound Against Red Wings at The JoePosted 5 days ago
- Wild shut out Flyers in low-shot affairPosted 7 days ago
- Vinny’s Shootout Goal Nets WinPosted 9 days ago
- GAMEDAY: Flyers – Predators, 8:00pmPosted 9 days ago
- Couturier’s Shorty Lifts FlyersPosted 10 days ago
- Streak Snapped, Panthers Top FlyersPosted 14 days ago
Flyers & Peter Laviolette Agree to Contract Extension
- Updated: August 1, 2012
The Flyers and head coach Peter Laviolette have agreed to a multi-year contract extension.
CSN reports that Laviolette, who took over for John Stevens in December of 2009, will now hold the reigns through the 2014-2015 season.
Famous for his use of timeouts, Laviolette has seemed to always push the right buttons since he became the 17th head coach in Flyers history. During his time with the Flyers Laviolette has won a division and conference championship and has made it out of the first round of the playoffs in each of his first three years with the club. To put that in perspective, the last the time the Flyers reached the second round of the playoffs in three consecutive seasons before Laviolette took over was 1995-1997 when Terry Murray was behind the bench.
In 708 games behind the bench Laviolette boasts a record of 366-257-25-60 with the New York Islanders, Carolina Hurricanes, and Philadelphia Flyers. He also carries a 43-39 all-time postseason record which includes back to back postseason appearances with the Islanders (2002, 2003), conference championship with Philadelphia (2010) and a 2006 Stanley Cup Championship with the Carolina Hurricanes.
Stay tuned to @TheOrangeUpdate for a special announcement at 4pm today!