- GAMEDAY 4/22: Game 3 – Flyers vs. Rangers, 8pmPosted 2 days ago
- Mason Remains Out, Emery to Start Game 3Posted 3 days ago
- Game Day: 4/20/14, Can the Flyers rise up today against the Rangers?Posted 4 days ago
- Flyers-Rangers Game 1: Flyers Drop First Meeting, Lose 4-1Posted 7 days ago
- Mason Out for Game 1Posted 1 week ago
- Flyers Sign Frozen Four MVP GostisbeherePosted 1 week ago
- Report: Flyers Resign MacDonaldPosted 1 week ago
- No Need For Culture Change, Holmgren Is Man For JobPosted 1 week ago
- Steve Mason has a ConcussionPosted 1 week ago
- #LetsFly: Round 1 Schedule vs. NYR ReleasedPosted 2 weeks ago
Homer After Luongo?
- Updated: January 9, 2013
Reports are swirling that the Flyers may be kicking the tires on embattled Vancouver Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo.
Adrian Dater of the Denver Post reported via Twitter that the Flyers are players for Luongo tweeting “Paul Holmgren going in on Luongo big time. Next year, Breezer gets bought out”.
The interesting part of this speculation is, of course, the Flyers already have a net-minder in Ilya Bryzgalov. Both Luongo and Bryzgalov have long term contracts and that is where it gets a little sticky. With the amnesty buyouts available in the new CBA the Flyers could part ways with Bryzgalov and trade for Luongo.
But Luongo sports a contract that doesn’t expire until 2022 at a cap hit of 5.33 million, is that something the Flyers would adsorb? Doubt it but Flyers GM Paul Holmgren has surprised the NHL world many times including this past summer RFA offer sheet to Shea Weber which was accepted by the free agent only to be match by Weber’s Nashville Predators.