- 2013 In Review: feelgood Five (#4)Posted 7 days ago
- 2013 In Review: feelgood FivePosted 15 days ago
- Colorado Wins the Draft LotteryPosted 20 days ago
- Flyers Win Season FinalePosted 22 days ago
- Flyers’ Season Ends in Ottawa TonightPosted 22 days ago
- Dane Plays ‘Great’, Flyers Win Home FinalePosted 24 days ago
- The Lottery: ExplainedPosted 26 days ago
- Flyers Take Down Bruins 5-2Posted 26 days ago
- Game-Day: Flyers vs. Bruins 4/23/13Posted 27 days ago
- Salary Cap Prison for 2013-2014…or is it?Posted 28 days ago
“Informal” Talks Being Held
- Updated: September 7, 2012
As hockey fans we are all well aware of the current lockout situation. With the deadline of September 15th roaring up to fruition, the anxiety being created to reach a deal grows by the hour. It was no more than a week ago when talks between the two sides went stale and a decision was made to stop bargaining. This morning the NHL and NHLPA have decided to resume talks in an “informal” fashion, whatever that is supposed to mean. The update as of 12:15 pm est is that the two sides have been talking for roughly two hours! Now I do not claim to be a CBA/ contract law know it all, but two hours for “informal” talks seems to be lengthy. We are only left to speculate what is actually going on inside that room. If nothing else, it is a positive that the sides have decided to reconvene to meet and talk.
What are your thoughts on this long informal meeting?
As always follow us on Twitter- @TheOrangeUpdate, @EbbonDerr, @feelgoodfrank, @215Cash for some great hockey talk.