- GAMEDAY 4/22: Game 3 – Flyers vs. Rangers, 8pmPosted 1 day ago
- Mason Remains Out, Emery to Start Game 3Posted 2 days ago
- Game Day: 4/20/14, Can the Flyers rise up today against the Rangers?Posted 4 days ago
- Flyers-Rangers Game 1: Flyers Drop First Meeting, Lose 4-1Posted 6 days ago
- Mason Out for Game 1Posted 1 week ago
- Flyers Sign Frozen Four MVP GostisbeherePosted 1 week ago
- Report: Flyers Resign MacDonaldPosted 1 week ago
- No Need For Culture Change, Holmgren Is Man For JobPosted 1 week ago
- Steve Mason has a ConcussionPosted 1 week ago
- #LetsFly: Round 1 Schedule vs. NYR ReleasedPosted 1 week ago
LACE ‘EM UP!
- Updated: January 6, 2013
HOCKEY IS BACK! (barring an approval vote from both the Board of Governors and the Players)
A frame work, for the new CBA, was agreed on in principle by both the NHL and NHLPA early this morning after nearly 16+ hours of negotiations. It was about time they had a day like this and did not leave until a deal was reached. However there is still work to be done yet; the contract has to be written up and put through its process. There has been no information released on when a season will start and how many games each team will play.
As for details of the new CBA, nothing final has popped up, but reportedly heres what we are looking at:
- 10 year deal with opt out after 8 years
- 7 year max contracts (8 if you are re-signing your own player)
- $64.3 million cap ceiling and a $44 million cap floor for 2013-2014
- 2 compliance buyouts that have to be used before the start of the 2013-2014 season (this should be fun for Flyers fans)
More details will be reported as they are released….
This lockout was still a disgrace on both parties and should have never gotten this far, if even happen at all. But when all is said and done, I am ecstatic that hockey is back and can not wait to see the Orange and Black start playing again!
Here’s to hockey!
Follow us on Twitter for up to the date FLYERS (not lockout) news @TheOrangeUpdate, as well as our contributors @EbbonDerr @feelgoodfrank and @215Cash