- 2013 In Review: feelgood Five (#4)Posted 5 days ago
- 2013 In Review: feelgood FivePosted 13 days ago
- Colorado Wins the Draft LotteryPosted 19 days ago
- Flyers Win Season FinalePosted 21 days ago
- Flyers’ Season Ends in Ottawa TonightPosted 21 days ago
- Dane Plays ‘Great’, Flyers Win Home FinalePosted 23 days ago
- The Lottery: ExplainedPosted 24 days ago
- Flyers Take Down Bruins 5-2Posted 25 days ago
- Game-Day: Flyers vs. Bruins 4/23/13Posted 25 days ago
- Salary Cap Prison for 2013-2014…or is it?Posted 26 days ago
NHL Cancels September Preseason Schedule; Bryz to KHL
- Updated: September 19, 2012
Today the National Hockey League announced the cancellation of all preseason games through the rest of the month.
The Flyers were scheduled to play 3 preseason games in September. Tuesday the 25th vs. Chicago, Wednesday the 26th vs. Toronto, and Saturday the 29th vs. New York Rangers they were all home games and now all canceled thanks to the labor dispute.
The NHL released the following statement:
NEW YORK – The National Hockey League announced today the cancellation of the 2012 preseason schedule through Sept. 30. In addition, the 2012 Kraft Hockeyville preseason game, scheduled for Oct. 3 in Belleville, Ontario, has been postponed to 2013.
The cancellation of the schedule was necessary because of the absence of a Collective Bargaining Agreement between the NHL Players’ Association and the NHL.
While the Kraft Hockeyville game has been postponed, many of the scheduled celebrations in the winning community of Stirling-Rawdon, Ontario, will proceed as planned beginning on Sept. 30.
Bryzgalov Signs in KHL
While the NHL was busy cancelling preseason games Flyers goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov was busy signing a contract with CSKA Moscow of the KHL. Bryzgalov had previously stated his desire to play in Russia in the event of a lockout and today he made it a reality. Flyers forwards Jakub Voracek and Ruslan Fedotenko also have committed to playing in Europe for the duration of the NHL lockout.