- GAMEDAY 4/22: Game 3 – Flyers vs. Rangers, 8pmPosted 14 hours ago
- Mason Remains Out, Emery to Start Game 3Posted 2 days ago
- Game Day: 4/20/14, Can the Flyers rise up today against the Rangers?Posted 3 days ago
- Flyers-Rangers Game 1: Flyers Drop First Meeting, Lose 4-1Posted 5 days ago
- Mason Out for Game 1Posted 7 days ago
- Flyers Sign Frozen Four MVP GostisbeherePosted 1 week ago
- Report: Flyers Resign MacDonaldPosted 1 week ago
- No Need For Culture Change, Holmgren Is Man For JobPosted 1 week ago
- Steve Mason has a ConcussionPosted 1 week ago
- #LetsFly: Round 1 Schedule vs. NYR ReleasedPosted 1 week ago
NHL Cancels The Winter Classic
- Updated: November 2, 2012
As expected, the NHL announced today that they have cancelled the outdoor classic. The 2013 NHL Winter Classic was scheduled to bring two historic franchises together to play at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The Big House was said to seat 110,000 people.
The Detroit Red Wings were the home team as they would have faced off against the Toronto Maple Leafs. There was also a plan to have an outdoor rink built at Comerica Park, home of the Detroit Tigers. That rink would have had several OHL and AHL games played there. While that isn’t officially cancelled, you have to believe it is in jeopardy. There of course is a chance that the cancelled games, as well as the Winter Classic can be revived if a deal is reached. Honestly, that is beginning to look worse and worse.