- Seguin’s Hat Trick Shoots Stars Past Flyers, 5-1Posted 4 hours ago
- GAMEDAY: Flyers – Stars, 2:00pmPosted 9 hours ago
- Flyers Ride Powerplay to 6-3 Win in DetroitPosted 3 days ago
- GAMEDAY: Flyers Look to Rebound Against Red Wings at The JoePosted 3 days ago
- Wild shut out Flyers in low-shot affairPosted 5 days ago
- Vinny’s Shootout Goal Nets WinPosted 7 days ago
- GAMEDAY: Flyers – Predators, 8:00pmPosted 7 days ago
- Couturier’s Shorty Lifts FlyersPosted 8 days ago
- Streak Snapped, Panthers Top FlyersPosted 12 days ago
- Phantoms new uniformsPosted 12 days ago
NHL Cancels The Winter Classic
- Updated: November 2, 2012
As expected, the NHL announced today that they have cancelled the outdoor classic. The 2013 NHL Winter Classic was scheduled to bring two historic franchises together to play at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The Big House was said to seat 110,000 people.
The Detroit Red Wings were the home team as they would have faced off against the Toronto Maple Leafs. There was also a plan to have an outdoor rink built at Comerica Park, home of the Detroit Tigers. That rink would have had several OHL and AHL games played there. While that isn’t officially cancelled, you have to believe it is in jeopardy. There of course is a chance that the cancelled games, as well as the Winter Classic can be revived if a deal is reached. Honestly, that is beginning to look worse and worse.