- Game Day: 4/20/14, Can the Flyers rise up today against the Rangers?Posted 4 hours ago
- Flyers-Rangers Game 1: Flyers Drop First Meeting, Lose 4-1Posted 3 days ago
- Mason Out for Game 1Posted 4 days ago
- Flyers Sign Frozen Four MVP GostisbeherePosted 5 days ago
- Report: Flyers Resign MacDonaldPosted 5 days ago
- No Need For Culture Change, Holmgren Is Man For JobPosted 6 days ago
- Steve Mason has a ConcussionPosted 6 days ago
- #LetsFly: Round 1 Schedule vs. NYR ReleasedPosted 7 days ago
- Flyers End Regular Season With A Shootout Loss, 6-5Posted 7 days ago
- Final Regular Season (4/13) game against the HurricanesPosted 1 week ago
- Updated: January 16, 2013
Former Flyers captain Chris Pronger, who is dealing with post concussion syndrome, spoke today on the team naming Claude Giroux as the new captain.
All quotes via Anthony SanFilippo of PhiladelphiaFlyers.com
“It’s well deserved.”
“He’s obviously a very important part of the team and a guy that all the guys in that locker room are looking toward.
“As I’ve said in the past, and numerous other players have said in the past, he’s not the only guy in that room that’s a leader. He’s got a lot of help from Kimmo [Timonen] and Danny [Briere] and [Scott Hartnell] and it goes up and down the lineup.
“[Giroux’s] obviously a guy that has to grow into it. The biggest thing he can do is lead by example – come and practice hard and play the game hard – That sets the example for everyone else and they all fall in line behind him.”
It is unlikely Pronger will ever play again but he could see a role within the Flyers organization in the future. This week Pronger was in Voorhees doing some video work and giving pointers to new Flyers defenseman Luke Schenn.