- 2013 in Review: feelgood Five #3Posted 3 days ago
- 2013 In Review: feelgood Five (#4)Posted 10 days ago
- 2013 In Review: feelgood FivePosted 18 days ago
- Colorado Wins the Draft LotteryPosted 23 days ago
- Flyers Win Season FinalePosted 25 days ago
- Flyers’ Season Ends in Ottawa TonightPosted 25 days ago
- Dane Plays ‘Great’, Flyers Win Home FinalePosted 27 days ago
- The Lottery: ExplainedPosted 29 days ago
- Flyers Take Down Bruins 5-2Posted 29 days ago
- Game-Day: Flyers vs. Bruins 4/23/13Posted 30 days ago
- Updated: January 16, 2013
Former Flyers captain Chris Pronger, who is dealing with post concussion syndrome, spoke today on the team naming Claude Giroux as the new captain.
All quotes via Anthony SanFilippo of PhiladelphiaFlyers.com
“It’s well deserved.”
“He’s obviously a very important part of the team and a guy that all the guys in that locker room are looking toward.
“As I’ve said in the past, and numerous other players have said in the past, he’s not the only guy in that room that’s a leader. He’s got a lot of help from Kimmo [Timonen] and Danny [Briere] and [Scott Hartnell] and it goes up and down the lineup.
“[Giroux’s] obviously a guy that has to grow into it. The biggest thing he can do is lead by example – come and practice hard and play the game hard – That sets the example for everyone else and they all fall in line behind him.”
It is unlikely Pronger will ever play again but he could see a role within the Flyers organization in the future. This week Pronger was in Voorhees doing some video work and giving pointers to new Flyers defenseman Luke Schenn.