- Flyers Ride Powerplay to 6-3 Win in DetroitPosted 3 days ago
- GAMEDAY: Flyers Look to Rebound Against Red Wings at The JoePosted 3 days ago
- Wild shut out Flyers in low-shot affairPosted 5 days ago
- Vinny’s Shootout Goal Nets WinPosted 6 days ago
- GAMEDAY: Flyers – Predators, 8:00pmPosted 7 days ago
- Couturier’s Shorty Lifts FlyersPosted 8 days ago
- Streak Snapped, Panthers Top FlyersPosted 11 days ago
- Phantoms new uniformsPosted 12 days ago
- Third Line’s a CharmPosted 12 days ago
- Back at sea level, Flyers 5, Islanders 2Posted 14 days ago
- Updated: January 16, 2013
Former Flyers captain Chris Pronger, who is dealing with post concussion syndrome, spoke today on the team naming Claude Giroux as the new captain.
All quotes via Anthony SanFilippo of PhiladelphiaFlyers.com
“It’s well deserved.”
“He’s obviously a very important part of the team and a guy that all the guys in that locker room are looking toward.
“As I’ve said in the past, and numerous other players have said in the past, he’s not the only guy in that room that’s a leader. He’s got a lot of help from Kimmo [Timonen] and Danny [Briere] and [Scott Hartnell] and it goes up and down the lineup.
“[Giroux’s] obviously a guy that has to grow into it. The biggest thing he can do is lead by example – come and practice hard and play the game hard – That sets the example for everyone else and they all fall in line behind him.”
It is unlikely Pronger will ever play again but he could see a role within the Flyers organization in the future. This week Pronger was in Voorhees doing some video work and giving pointers to new Flyers defenseman Luke Schenn.