- 2013 In Review: feelgood Five (#4)Posted 5 days ago
- 2013 In Review: feelgood FivePosted 13 days ago
- Colorado Wins the Draft LotteryPosted 19 days ago
- Flyers Win Season FinalePosted 21 days ago
- Flyers’ Season Ends in Ottawa TonightPosted 21 days ago
- Dane Plays ‘Great’, Flyers Win Home FinalePosted 23 days ago
- The Lottery: ExplainedPosted 24 days ago
- Flyers Take Down Bruins 5-2Posted 25 days ago
- Game-Day: Flyers vs. Bruins 4/23/13Posted 25 days ago
- Salary Cap Prison for 2013-2014…or is it?Posted 26 days ago
Rest of Pre-Season Cancelled
- Updated: September 27, 2012
The remaning pre-season games were cancelled this afternoon by the National Hockey League. The NHL released the following statement on their website :
NEW YORK – The National Hockey League announced today the cancellation of the remainder of the 2012 preseason schedule.
The cancellation of the preseason schedule was necessary because of the absence of a Collective Bargaining Agreement between the NHL Players’ Association and the NHL.
We all knew this was the most likely scenario, as it was said before pre-season games could be missed and no money would be lost. Both sides are set to reconvene tomorrow, for “formal” negations, as well as throughout the weekend. These negotiations are rumored to be about non-economic issues, but at least it is a start. Now the true test of time will come forth; we wait and see if they can hammer out some sort of deal before regular season games start to get cancelled. Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly tweeted earlier today that he expects the next deadline to be October 4th, before the cancellation of regular season games begin.
That gives the NHL and NHLPA 1 week to get this done. Lets hope, for all our benefits, that is enough time for the two sides to come up with something.
Stay up to date with Flyers news as well as current lockout details by following us on Twitter: @TheOrangeUpdate, as well as our contributors @EbbonDerr @215Cash and @feelgoodfrank