- Flyers-Rangers Game 1: Flyers Drop First Meeting, Lose 4-1Posted 14 hours ago
- Mason Out for Game 1Posted 2 days ago
- Flyers Sign Frozen Four MVP GostisbeherePosted 3 days ago
- Report: Flyers Resign MacDonaldPosted 3 days ago
- No Need For Culture Change, Holmgren Is Man For JobPosted 4 days ago
- Steve Mason has a ConcussionPosted 4 days ago
- #LetsFly: Round 1 Schedule vs. NYR ReleasedPosted 5 days ago
- Flyers End Regular Season With A Shootout Loss, 6-5Posted 5 days ago
- Final Regular Season (4/13) game against the HurricanesPosted 5 days ago
- GAMEDAY 4/12: Flyers vs. Penguins, 3pmPosted 6 days ago
The Orange Update GM Connected
- Updated: September 12, 2012
This post is intended for anyone who missed out on our Tuesday Night Podcast. In this post I will recap what was said about the GM Connected league.
How To Join The League.
- When you load up your game, there will be a “GM Connected” tab on the home screen. Select the GM Connected tab, then search leagues and type in the league name : The Orange Update. Once you do that you will be prompted to select a team for the league (The teams you were assigned to are listed below). This will send a join request for me to approve. Now we ask please that you select the proper team to help make the process go smoothly. I do have the option to decline the join request, so you will not be able to sneak in as another team. Do not forget there is also an app available to help you run your team while your away from your Xbox.
Rules and Regulations
- All rules and regulations are pretty standard in regards to rules for the actual games to be played (i.e. icing, injuries, offsides etc.) We have decided to play 10 minute periods, instead of the default 5; we felt 5 minute periods just go too fast. There are in fact RANDOM rosters. This is to try and create a fair starting point for everyone in the league. For example I drew the San Jose Sharks and on this team I do not have any of Couture, Pavelski, Thorton etc. I have the likes of Kessel, Parise and others. This next part is very important. Once you join the league do not make any transactions (i.e trades, free agency pickups etc). We want to make sure that everyone is in the league, has time to get their feet set and able to look at their team and think about their team needs and wants. League transactions will be able to start by Thursday night at 10:00 pm est. We will look to start off the season Friday night with games being played.
If you want to talk to other GM’s and get a trade set in principle, by all means feel free to do so. Just note that it will not be able to officially go through until Thursday at 10 pm. Also on the topic of trades, Myself along with The Orange Update crew will serve as a “League Office” so to speak. When a trade is purposed, I will take that trade to them and we will decide collectively if the trade should be allowed. This will help people from 1. getting ripped off if they do not know the game or players well enough and 2. If you have a buddy and he decides to dump his start players to you for nothing.
- Cash made mention of this on our show Tuesday night. Although we are still talking and bouncing ideas around on to what the exact prizes will be, prizes will be up for the taking. This prizes will include but are also not limited to: BuzzWear Shirts, Custom Made T-Shirts, Autographed items etc. Once we finalize what prizes will be available and for what they will be given for, we will update with a post.
I hope to see you all joined by Thursday night so you can start on transactions. Again below is the list of people in the league along with their Twitter handle and Xbox Live gamer-tag. If there are any questions feel free to contact any one of us (@EbbonDerr, @feelgoodfrank, @215Cash, @BuzzOnBroad, @robgiannone, @TheOrangeUpdate), and we will try to get it sorted out.
Good luck everyone!
|The Orange Update GM Connected|
|Name||Twitter Handel||GamerTag||Assigned Team|
|Ebbon Derr||(at) Ebbon Derr||Durr07||San Jose Sharks|
|Jimmy Robbins||(at) Sabresabres||Sabresabres||Buffalo Sabres|
|Sean Flynn||(at) seanflynn9||ShadowSmurfs09||Minnesota Wild|
|John Reuter||(at) chiefs12playa||chiefs12playa||Columbus Blue Jackets|
|Tom Heaney||(at) tomheaney1||PLEASEdntBANme||Vancouver Canucks|
|Sean Betesh||(at) 215cash||l 215cash l||Carolina Hurricanes|
|Adamn Pfeifer||(at) aPeiferRS||Be Cool Okay||Colorado Avalanche|
|Danny Ricciardi||(at) BuzzOnBroad||FlyersFanOne||New York Rangers|
|AJ Milone||(at) Milone18||PhilliesFan18||Boston Bruins|
|Rob Giannone||(at) robgiannone||Giggs2525||Detroit Red Wings|
|Andrew Dintino||(at) AndrewD48||MrPriicklePants||Toronto Maple Leafs|
|Edd Wright||(at) EddFright||BOBOCOP3||Nashville Predators|
|Marc Stonehhill||(at) 13Eternal||Eternal 03||Chicago Blackhawks|
|David Foellner||(at) Estcst88||Darth Giggity 1||Anaheim Ducks|
|Clayton Taylor||(at) TheFirstShift||Philthy Otter||Florida Panthers|
|Chris Johnson||(at) JohnsonC89||CHRIS ochonueve||Pittsburgh Penguins|
|Alex Blank||(at) TheReal_Ablank||Mr Bo Dangles28||Tampa Bay Lightning|
|Stephen Rossi||(at) PhillySteve15||RossiBossy||Phoenix Coyotes|
|Nick Gruninger||(at) nick_g1321||flyers4life13||Edmonton Oilers|
|Michael Marinelli||(at) marinelliflyers||marinelli89||Dallas Stars|
|Cam Moyer||(at) cam_stand||hockeycam1344||Montreal Canadiens|
|Justin Fortuna||(at) jfortuna_18||iceking83||Philadelphia Flyers|
|Daniel Blanchard||(at) Daniel11496||Error11496||New York Islanders|
|James Cockerill||(at) jockerill||Ritztotherubble||Calgary Flames|
|Andrew Panaccio||(at) nachofunbus83||nachoman 83||St. Louis Blues|
|AJ Berardi||Berardi1024||Washington Capitals|
|Christian Payne||(at) CPayne1700||evil1700||Ottawa Senators|
|Jeff Moran||(at) JeffMoran27||jmoran||Los Angeles Kings|
|Chris Brandt||(at) hiphopopotamus1||PapaBurgundy35||New Jersey Devils|
|Jeromy Bish||(at) jables15||MeatTornado8||Winnipeg Jets|